Monday, October 6, 2014

Kath needs some therapeutic blogging.


I know who so many of you are who read this blog.  Friends, relatives and dear dear ones so far away.  Some of you I worry about, some I rely on for news from home, some of you keep me sane, and some of you all three.

Holy feet above. Sometimes looking down at our feet on different paths and streets and surfaces bring Holy Feet to mind and heart.  Occasionally I take a picture by mistake, sometimes on purpose.

Today we try to figure out how best to get off this island by ferry and then how to travel by bus to the city of Nafplio.  A city that holds as much historical presence here as Athens.... but much sweeter and easier to navigate.

I question more and more the planetary impact of travel.  Well, not more and more, since it is the same..... but I am not able to rationalize it these days.  There seems to be no one in our travels worried about the climate or rising seas although they live feet from sea level.  Maybe we just don't understand the conversations.  Maybe they are just too intent on making enough money to live.  Things are not so good in Greece as you may know.

Michalis (Michael) who we rented a car from on Crete spoke so clearly about the "crash"...my word.  About the plan of the big banks and the BIG Money People to offer loans so hard not to take to improve your lot.... "Here.." he tells us the bank says, " Take it!"  " But I don't WANT that money."  " But it's here. We have it ready for you...just take it!" And now they take back homes and land and businesses....and people are left with nothing. Like the US I said. Yes, indeed.


Yesterday while checking into this guest house, I used some little art app on my phone and drew the view out the door.  No art on this trip... even though I am on the art world's favorite island.  I am too busy avoiding cigarette smoke to actually sit down and draw.

Puppets... did I ever send pictures of Prague puppets?  I will check back  and see. Maybe I need to get re~inspired.

I think when asked my profession instead of writing Retired... what a draggy concept... your not just Tired... your RE Tired.  Over and over again tired. Anyway I will write Re-Inspired.


My love to all of who made it through this therapy for Kathy entry.


1 comment:

  1. That was nothing.. you should hear my self-therapy sessions! I like that "re-tired." I had never considered it as a tired time so couldn't add the repetition of something that didn't happen... Love you.

    ReplyDelete