Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ups and downs of creativity.....

Honestly, every time it happens I am amazed at how quickly I feel defeated and hopeless.  The puppet, the picture, the clothing re-design...whatever the project is... is just perkin' along.  I feel excited and stimulated and on a high.... until whoosh.................something goes wrong.  The drawing seems pathetic, the puppet is not working, the clothing piece is lopsided and ungainly... and then I have to pull my self out of  "this will NEVER work"... to another possibility.   The one where I am confident it is a temporary set back, a new problem to solve, a different path to take.  So I Take a break.  Drink some water.  Eat some food. Go for a walk.   Or, as in this moment, come here and write in this blog.  Now for the food.  The beauty ~ the creation arises from the knot..... from the not.

No comments:

Post a Comment