Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Beginning Urge

I'm a little late on the blog scene... just when it might be going away.  I leave for Europe in a month and my creativity is longing to ignite and express.. and yet really all I am doing is looking at web sites about what to wear in Europe.  Pack light and wear black... with a colorful scarf.  I've got black, that is for sure. And scarves.  So I am picking out anything that doesn't wrinkle.

I plan to make and take a small puppet or two that I haven't made yet but that are burning to come out of me. Mime can overcome so many language barriers and i look terrible in white-face, so my puppets will do the not-talking.  i like that lower case i, btw.

 It really is a birth... I need patience, time, acceptance, sweet compassion as the whatever in me incubates.  At least I hope something is incubating.  I think that is the challenge. Living with the fear that nothing may be incubating and I am just fooling myself.  It is why I don't refer to myself as an artist and feel like a charlatan when someone else does call me an artist.  The feeling that nothing is going to come.  Ever again.  It's all over.

Back to the puppets that I hope are incubating and can be created....by me.  I need to experiment with FIMO or some such product to make little heads, hands and feet. I WANT the FIMO... but not enough to drive to town before I HAVE to drive to town.  Which is tomorrow, thankfully.  FIMO!  Paper mache will just not do.

All I have to say is.. it really does feel unstoppable.  The urge to create.  Hence the temporary name of my blog.  Maybe Urge to Create is better.  Creative Urges.  Creativity Urges.  Me and My Creativity Urges.

As I was experimenting with fonts my arm hit something on the keyboard and everything up there just disappeared.  I got it back but I am going to eat something now and watch a movie... well half a movie...or.... a TV series on netflix. And SAVE this in whatever font it is in right this creative minute.






4 comments:

  1. Urge to Create! I like that... a lot of people think the Veggie Voyagers is about vegetarianism rather than running a truck on veggie oil so "urge" might get you some odd folks but maybe they are the ones who need to recognize their energy doesn't have to control them in a negative way. Anyway, GOOD LUCK. I subscribed and am ready to read what you post. Love surround you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just entered... and lost ....some very astute and erudite comments on energy and oddities. So all you get now since I need to go eat dinner is a thank you for commenting on my blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remembered it did contain something about creative pulse that I liked.

      Delete
  3. Do you think I will now only comment on my blog and not write anything else up top?????

    ReplyDelete